Brohée fund for young investigators in basic and clinical gastroenterology
Fonds Brohée / Brohée fund
The Fonds Brohée / Brohée fund is awarding every 2 years a young researcher for its work in the field of Hepatology-Gastroenterology and GI oncology.
Please apply to the Georges Brohée prize 2023-2024 (5.000 €).
Deadline for application: December 31, 2023, at midnight.
Information and rules:
- ARTICLE 1. The «Georges Brohée Prize» has been created to reward the best research work in the field of Gastroenterology in its broadest sense.
- ARTICLE 2. The prize is biennial. Its amount, determined by the board of directors, will be announced at the beginning of each two-year period. If the prize is not awarded, its amount will be added to the capital of the “Fonds Georges Brohée”.
- ARTICLE 3. Candidates must have the Belgian Nationality or have done their research work in Belgium; they must be younger than 40 years at the date of deadline of application.
- ARTICLE 4. The prize cannot be divided but it can acknowledge the work of several authors; however it will award only the responsible author, with the written consent of the co-authors.
- ARTICLE 5. The prize may not be awarded to a research work previously rewarded by a prize equal or superior to 5000 €.
- ARTICLE 6. Only publications published in the previous 4 years before submission for the prize will be accepted as part of the research work. For the current application: 2020-2023.
- ARTICLE 7. Submitted work must be written in Dutch, English or French with a summary in English and include all original articles of the author, related to the work, in a single scientific brochure in the form of a PDF file.
- ARTICLE 8. The research work has to be typewritten or printed. A Curriculum vitae of the responsible author must be included. The application should be addressed to the Secretary of the “Fonds Georges Brohée”: Dr Ivan. Borbath, by e-mail: email@example.com), before the first of January of each even year (for the period 2023-2024: 01-01-2024). Thereafter, the number of copies for the members of the jury will be specified.
- ARTICLE 9. The rewarded work must be published in Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica (cf. article 10).
- ARTICLE 10. The responsible author of the crowned work should submit to the Editor-in-Chief of Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica a manuscript of about 10 double-space typewritten pages. He/she can do so by submitting the manuscript online at: http://gastro-enterologica.universa.be. He should follow the guidelines of a “Short Review”. This commitment is a prerequisite for the attribution of the prize.
- ARTICLE 11. Composition of the Jury is decided by the General Assembly and will consist of at least 3 members of the “Fonds Georges Brohée” + experts. The decision of the Jury is without appeal.
Dr Martin HIELE, President Pr Edouard LOUIS, Vice-president Pr Ivan BORBATH, Secretary