BASL Winter Meeting 2017
Please pay special attention to the address of this year's Winter Meeting!
Free transport from the station Ghent Sint-Pieters to the Auditorium is available on friday 1st and saturdag 2nd; please call V-Tax (09 222 22 22) 20 minutes before your arrival at the station; you just have to give up your full name to the dispatching and mention that you are going to the Winter Meeting/Liver Course of BASL.
Friday, December 1st
09.00-10.20 Session 1 : Hepatocellular carcinoma
Moderators: Jean Delwaide, Anja Geerts
- New emergent therapies in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma:
C Verslype (KULeuven)
- Place of radioembolisation in hepatocellular carcinoma in 2017
Elisabeth Dhondt (UZGhent)
- Relevance of Pet-scan and other imaging modalities in Hepatocellular carcinoma
Renaud Lhommel (UCL)
10.30-11.00 COFFEE BREAK
11.00-12.30 NON-INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION OF CLINICAL CASES
Moderators: C Van Steenkiste, P Stärkel
- A case of granulomatous hepatitis with a peculiar skin lesion
S. Vanden Bussche, K. Smets, T. Steelandt, P. Caenepeel, P. Van Eyken, G. Robaeys (Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium)
- Spectacular effect of anti-IL- 6 therapy tocilizumab in a patient with Rosai-Dorfman sinus histiocytosis
M. Vandeputte, B. Vokaer, M. Maerevoet, ML Jullie, L. Verset, B. Couturier (CHU Bordeaux, ULB Belgium)
- Peliosis Hepatis: a diagnostic dilemma
Putignano A, Pezzullo M, Verset G, Degre D, Katsanos G, Lucidi V, Gustot T, Moreno C (ULB, Belgium)
- Cholestasis and irregular bile ducts: what is your diagnosis?
C. Hamoir, M. de Vos, F. Clinckart, G. Nicaise, M. Komuta, N. Lanthier (Hôpital de Jolimont, UCL, Belgium)
- Hepatic encephalopathy after liver transplantation – an unusual cause.
L. Baert, X. Verhelst, L. De Freyne, X. Rogiers, H. Van Vlierberghe, A. Geerts (UZ Ghent, Belgium)
- Don’t forget the E! Chronic hepatitis E infection causing liver cirrhosis with need for liver and kidney transplantation after previous pulmonary transplantation.
Derdeyn J, Van Der Merwe S, Laleman W, Verslype C, Sainz Barriga M, Monbaliu D, Pirenne J, Nevens F (KUL, Belgium)
- When pulmonary shunting excludes a therapeutic option.
E. Vandekerckhove, H. Degroote, E. Dhondt, X. Verhelst, A. Geerts, L. Defreyne, H. Van Vlierberghe (UZ Ghent, Belgium)
- Cheesy liver lesions.
Wyffels K, Raptis A, Coubeau L, Dahlqvist G. (KUL, UCL, Belgium)
12:30-12:50 Presentations BASL YOUNG INVESTIGATORS AWARD LAUREATES 2017 and short presentation by 2016 Laureates
12.50-13.00 MSD Awards 2017: Best clinical and basic publication 2016
14.00-15.15 Session 2: HEPATOLOGY UPDATE
Moderators : S. De Maeght-F Nevens
- Endoscopic treatment of PSC: Is there something new?
Arnaud Lemmers (ULB, Brussels)
- Management of severe alcoholic hepatitis after STOPAH trial
Christophe Moreno (ULB, Brussels)
- Diagnosis and management of malnutrition and sarcopenia in cirrhosis
Ger Koek (Maastricht)
15.15-16:45 TOPIC 3 : VIRAL HEPATITIS
Moderators: JP Mulkay, F Sermon
- Management of Hepatitis C related extra-hepatic manifestations in the era of DAA
Patrice Cacoub (Paris)
- Hepatitis E: when to think about? How to treat?
H Wedemeyer (Hannover)
- When to stop NUCs in chronic hepatitis B: Are Belgian reimbursement criteria adequate?
T Vanwolleghem (UZA)
16:45 CONCLUSIONS & FAREWELL
Saturday December 2nd: NAFLD-NASH
Moderators: L Verbeeke (KUL), C Moreno (ULB)
- Epidemiology of NASH: is it really such a burden in Belgium?
prof. Sven Francque, UZA
- How to diagnose NASH: invasive vs. non-invasive techniques.
prof. Nicolas Lanthier, UCL
- NASH and ‘lean NASH’: when and how to consider alternative diagnosis.
prof. David Cassiman, UZ Leuven
- Pathophysiology of NASH: a general overview.
prof. Isabelle Leclercq, UCL
10:30-11:00 COFFEE BREAK
Moderators: A Putignano (ULB), S Francque (UZA)
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in NASH: a challenging issue.
prof. Hans Van Vlierberghe, U Gent
- Bariatric surgery in NASH: results, indications and contra-indications.
prof. Guillaume Lasailly, Lille, France
- Treatment for NASH: novel therapies in the pipeline.
prof. Vlad Raziu, Paris, France
75 euro (2 days)
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER
IBAN BE69 0013 4462 1878
Accreditation without grades for ethics and economics